Children's Academy Family Community
The connection between CA and the families we serve is essential for healthy development and overall life satisfaction for each student. To nurture and respect the school-to-family connection, CA finds family participation and input vital.
Children's Academy offers:
- One-way observational mirrors in every classroom. We have an open door policy and parents can sit in an observation room and watch their loved one work during the day
- Consistent and detailed communication from classroom staff to parents
- Monthly psychoeducational workshops and groups specifically for CA parents centered around topics relevant to our community's lives and interests
- Seasonal weekend community outings
- Active resource list for the NYC area
- Monthly Parent Association Meetings where parents discuss:
- Volunteer opportunities
- Upcoming School Events
- Opportunities to enrich curriculum
CA Parents Association
Along with joys and happiness of raising a son or daughter, having a child with learning differences and unique sensitivities can be an isolating experience at times. Many families report that one of their favorite things about CA is the friendships they have built with other families. The CA Parents Association plan monthly meetings and frequent social events to provide opportunities to welcome new CA families and strengthen the bonds between all CA parents. You will be sure to find people in CA Parent Association who simply who "get" what you're going through.
Every parent at CA is a member of Children’s Academy of our Parent Association. CA Parent Association utilizes its membership dues to help offset the costs of field trips, parent welcome/open house events, and Staff Appreciation gifts.